The letter “I” is so simple, that I did not want to make the illustration too literal, so I merged a watercolor illustration to a cropped photo to see what would happen. As usual, there was some bubbling to the paper, but because I had painted acrylic on the previous page, the left page had only minor bubbling. The acrylic paint on the reverse side seemed to help the paper retain its shape better than it without it. This is something to keep in mind if you would like to add watercolor illustrations to the sketchbook paper. I was able to paint 4 very thick layers of acrylic paint as the dot of the “I” with no problems. In fact, the acrylic paint is my favorite medium to use on this journal at the moment. The photo of the wolf was cut from a magazine and pasted down and there was a little bit of bubbling to the paper wherever there was glue. I think in the future I will use a dry adhesive tape runner such as Tombow’s Mono Adhesive so I don’t have this problem again.
If any of you have had good results with your Moleskine Sketchbook, I would love to hear from you. Let me know what you are doing.