The letter “B” in my experiment was created using a Tombow Rollerball pen, markers, watercolor and a rubber stamp. I used the Tombow pen because the ink is a rich black, waterproof and smudge proof and it stays clean even when wet paints are brushed across it. The watercolor caused quite a bit of bubbling on the paper, so I will need to be more judicious with it in the future. This is, after all, a sketchbook.
I have put myself on “a-page-a-day” sketching schedule. This limitation seems to encourage me to illustrate in a way I wouldn’t normally. I find myself using different mediums and the sense of urgency created by having to accomplish one image a day gives the images a more doodly quality and quenches my normal pattern of creating tight, technical renderings. It will be interesting to see where this goes as I progress through the remaining letters.